Job Opening – Shared Administrative Assistant
Apply by May 1, 2017
Administrative Assistant – Shared Position Kanabec & Isanti SWCDs
4:30 p.m., Monday, May 1, 2017
Full Time, Regular
Kanabec SWCD, Mora
2008 Mahogany St Ste
Mora, MN 55051
Isanti SWCD, Cambridge
110 Buchanan St N
Cambridge, MN 55008
Pay range $17.63 – 22.18 / hour, plus benefits
To assist the District Manager in all aspects of District SWCD business by performing skilled clerical, bookkeeping, payroll, and customer service functions; assists with correspondence, reports, local funding administration and state grants processing. Interacts with the public by providing general information relating to the SWCD’s activities and services. Assists in promoting civic standards in conservation delivery to create more sustainability. This is a shared position between the Isanti SWCD (40%) and Kanabec SWCD (60%). The Kanabec SWCD is the employer. Works under general supervision of the assigned supervisor in each District.
Position typical duties:
- Perform a variety of general office and clerical duties.
- Prepares/publishes public notices; prepares information for Board or committee action; sends out mailings as requested in advance of meetings; attends meetings as necessary, and prepares minutes related to various boards and committees.
- May involve evening and weekend duties and meetings.
- Maintains financial records/bookkeeping and payroll using QuickBooks.
- As needed, takes the lead in developing new financial or grant ledgers, payroll systems / records, time and leave tracking systems, personnel policies, financial schedules, reports or budgets.
- Data/Records management duties such as maintaining all District paper and electronic records according to retention schedules, procedures, and standards set by the District, State and Federal policies.
- Data/Records management such as maintaining all District paper and electronic records according to retention schedules, procedures, and standards set by the District, State and Federal policies.
- Local funding administration such as annually establishing all program and time logs needed for program coordination.
- Assists in developing and disseminating outreach materials for use in newsletters, on Facebook or webpages. As needed leads the District through setting up a new webpage or other social media venues.
- Administers the Agricultural Best Management Practices Loan Program for five (5) counties (Aitkin, Isanti, Mille Lacs, Pine & Kanabec).
- Assist with the district annual tree program.
- Maintains accurate inventory on the tree program; keeps accurate sales records; enters orders into QuickBooks, tracks on-line tree order sales and organizes and submits tree orders accordingly makes regular bank deposits of cash received
- Assist with numerous other assigned duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – Applicants must possess:
Two years of post-secondary education, such as an Associate’s Degree in accounting, p l u s two years of related clerical/accounting experience in an environment with high levels of customer service; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the cost of transportation to both the Isanti SWCD (in Cambridge) and the Kanabec SWCD (in Mora) as their duty stations.
Supply a letter of introduction, copy of transcripts and resume to the above address by 4:30 p.m., Monday, May 1, 2017. A position description is available on our website at www.kanabecSWCD.org, or may be obtained by calling (320) 679-3781 ext.113.
CONDITIONS OF ANNOUNCEMENT:
The Kanabec SWCD reserves the right to make changes to the content of this position announcement without notification and may at any time withdraw the announcement.
Contact the Kanabec SWCD to arrange reasonable accommodations to complete an application or attend an interview at (320) 679-3781, ext. 113.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Candidates will be considered without discrimination for any non- merit reason such as race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital or familial status or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position Description – Adm. Assistant